Thursday, January 10, 2013

Prayer, Purpose and the NEXT GENERATION (Day 2)

Today's post is a continuation of our previous post on Prayer, Purpose and the Next Generation...

I am striving to put together at least a week's worth of praying scripture over Hudson- Alphabetically... (I feel certain that there are enough scriptures :)

I have found myself, since becoming a mommy, being consumed with fear and anxiousness some days.  The fact that my husband and I are responsible for this adorable little guy can be overwhelming. 

For those who know me, know that I'm a little absent minded sometimes... I mean seriously, I have yet to go somewhere with Hudson that I haven't left a burp cloth, bib, bottle, or a piece of his clothing! (Thankfully, I have always come home with him... :) but I truly desire to know that I am doing what I'm supposed to do as a mommy and that I'm not forgetting the most important things of teaching him God's Word and Prayer!

This leads us to our key verse- Philippians 4:6 which says: 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving- present your request to God."

I am desiring, as a mommy, to strive to not only read the bible- but to believe it and do what it says. I am finding that I can pray about EVERYTHING!!! Burp cloths included :) 

As we strive to reach and teach the NEXT GENERATION the truths of God's Word, may we have the understanding and desire to pray about EVERYTHING when it comes to our sweet kids and to THANKFULLY present our request to God.  What a sweet privilege this is!!

I realize that my son is only 7 months old- but someone told me a while back, that if I started making this a practice now, it would soon become a habit :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings to you from the Hollowell Home

PRAYING SCRIPTURE OVER YOUR CHILD- ALPHABETICALLY


A-    That his ACTIONS are accompanied by faith. (James 2:17)
B-    That he BECOMES all things to all men so that some will be saved. (1 Corinthians 9:22)
C-    That he will CAST all of his cares on the Lord. (Psalm 55:22)
D-    That he would DEFEND the rights of the poor and needy. (Proverbs 31:9)
E-    That he would have EARS to hear the voice of the Lord. (Matthew 11:15)
F-    That he is FAITHFUL (2 Samuel 22:26)
G-    The he will GO into all the world and preach the GOSPEL (Matthew 28:19)
H-   That he will HEED correction and gain understanding. (Proverbs 15:32)
I-     That the Lord will INCREASE his faith. (Luke 17:5)
J-      That he will act JUSTLY as the Lord requires. (Micah 6:8)
K-    That he KEEPS his promises, even when it hurts. (Psalm 15:4)
L-    That he LET’S his LIGHT shine among men. (Matthew 5:16)
M-   That he has the MIND of Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:16)
N-    The he NEVER tires in doing what is right. (2 Thessalonians 3:13)
O-    That he will look after ORPHANS and widows. (James 1:27)
P-    That he finds out what PLEASES the Lord. (Ephesians 5:10)
Q-    That he will possess the QUALITIES of great faith. (2 Peter 1:8)
R-    That he READS God’s Word and is blessed. (Revelation 1:3)
S-     The he is SPIRIT FILLED. (Ephesians 5:18)
T-    The he TAKES every THOUGHT captive unto the obedience of Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5)
U-    That he is an UPRIGHT man who gives thought to his ways. (Proverbs 21:29)
V-    That he will listen to the VOICE of the Lord. (Deuteronomy 30:20)
W-  That WHATEVER he does is for the glory of the Lord. (1 Corinthians 10:31)
X-    That he will EXALT the name of the Lord. (Psalm 118:28)
Y-    That he will not be YOKED together with an unbeliever. (2 Cor. 6:14)
Z-    That ZION will be his foundation and trust! (Isaiah 28:16)






No comments:

Post a Comment