Saturday, January 5, 2013

Telling the NEXT GENERATION

Psalm 78:1-7
1- O my people, hear my teaching: listen to the words of my mouth.
2- I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden thing from old
3-What we have heard and know, what our fathers have told us
4-We will not hide them from their children; We will tell the NEXT GENERATION the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power, and the wonder He has done.
5-He decreed statues for Jacob and established the law of Israel, which he commanded our forefathers to teach their children
6-So the NEXT GENERATION would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn will tell their children.
7-Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget His deeds but would keep His commands.

I am simple. I am a wife, mother, sister, friend. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am a believer in the Word of God! I have seen God's Word come alive in my life and I know that it is powerful and active!

My desire in starting this blog, which by the way, is completely out of my comfort zone, is to help us see the importance of investing our lives into the upcoming generation in order that they would do as verse 6 states..."So the NEXT GENERATION would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn will tell their children."

God's Word has so many things to say about the importance of teaching HIS WORD to our children.  I am seeking hard as a new mom to find out the best way to teach my son God's Word and to also pray God's Word over him.

This blog is simple. I hope to daily share some things that God has taught me or is teaching me. (Daily will be a huge task for me, so don't be offended if I tend to do it weekly sometimes :)

The teacher in me always feels the need to share what I'm learning, thus I am not sharing things on here because I have it all together- for those who know me, know that I am far from having it together!!!

I am a recipient of God's Grace, and I'm learning to enjoy sweet moments during Hudson's naps in which God graciously teaches me through His Word and to utilize this time to simply share what He is teaching!

Lesson 1- We are called to invest into our children and this generation by teaching them God's Word  so they "in turn will tell their children" someday!!

4generations2come was something i felt the Lord lay on my heart one morning while getting dressed and He wouldn't let it leave my mind! The more I read God's Word, the more i saw the word "GENERATION" so I finally took the time to look it up to see if that name was open for a blog... and well, it was!

So, this is my simple attempt to encourage us all to share God's Word and His Power with the Next Generation!

I hope to share tomorrow a few things that God has taught me about this topic "4generations2come".

Until then...

Blessings from the Hollowell Household






1 comment:

  1. Lesle, thank you so much for doing what God has placed on your heart to do, and thanks to your wonderful sister for sharing this with me. I have truly enjoyed reading this and can't wait to follow this blog and read each time you post. You will never know what a blessing you are to me. Love You!!

    ReplyDelete